South See Dreams-Cake in a Glass
When it comes to food, I believe the taste and visual impact are equally important. This dessert fulfills both requirements equally. It's a modern twist on the classic cake. And it surprisingly easy to make.
Ingredients for 6 servings. Start by baking the cake base first.
Ingredients coconut japonaise base
5 egg white
a pinch of salt
50 g sugar
70 g coconut flakes
60 g ground almonds
35 g semolina
145 g icing sugar
Beat egg whites, sugar, and salt into a homogeneous stiff white texture. Mix the icing sugar, finely ground coconut flakes, and semolina. Swift it and fold the mixture in the beaten egg white. Bake for 22-24 minutes at 160 °C (convection oven). Let the cake base cool down, then cut out single rounded cake bases, corresponding to the diameter of your glasses.
Peel 2 mangos, remove the flesh from the stone and cut into small pieces. Soak the mango pieces in almond liqueur.
Mascarpone - Yoghurt cream
Mix 250 g mascarpone, 250 g natural yoghurt, 250 g whipped cream, 50 g sugar, and 1 pack of vanilla sugar.
Final touches / Composition from bottom to top
1. Start by covering the bottom of each glass with the mascarpone-yoghurt cream.
2. Then put 2-3 tablespoons of the mango cocktail on top of the cream.
3. Afterwards, add some more mascarpone-yoghurt cream. Place the cake base on top.
4. Purée the mango cocktail. Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes and a little bit of the purée into the remaining mascarpone-yoghurt cream. Again, fill this mixture into the glasses.
5. Add 1/4 l mango juice to the remaining mango purée and blend with 3 leaves of dissolved gelatine. Divide the mixture between the glasses.
6. Put the cake in the fridge to let it firm.
7. Before serving garnish the cake with some cream.
Please report back if you gave it a try. Have fun trying out and enjoy