Shades of Living

LifeHacks

-DIY - Silver Jewellery Cleaning -

How many time has it already happened to you, that you wanted to wear a piece of silver jewellery, you haven`t worn in a long time, and it was tarnished? And then there is simply not enough time left to have it cleaned at a jeweller. I have a quick, easy, and inexpensive tip how to clean your silver jewellery yourself. All you need is aluminium foil, salt, a container, a soft cloth and boiling hot water.

1. First, cover the bottom of your container with the aluminium foil.
2. Then add a good amount of salt on top of the foil and put the jewellery inside the container.
3. Again, add some salt on top of the jewels.
4. Now pour the hot boiling water on the jewellery and fold the aluminium foil over the jewels. Leave it like that for at least 20 minutes.
5. After this time check in to see if the tarnish has diminished. Should that be the case, take your jewellery out of the water.
6. Finally, polish the jewels with a soft cloth for a long-lasting lustre.

Bonus tip: To polish your delicate jewellery use a soft toothbrush.

Will you give it a try?

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Marina (Friday, 27 May 2016 14:15)

Habe es ausprobiert, ist gut gelungen. Danke.

• #2

Jenise Linsley (Saturday, 04 February 2017 23:19)

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thank you!

• #3

Palmira Godwin (Monday, 06 February 2017 19:26)

Informative article, exactly what I needed.

• #4

Dewey Magby (Tuesday, 07 February 2017 00:40)

We stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.

• #5

Makeda Foret (Wednesday, 08 February 2017 12:46)

Really when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other people that they will help, so here it takes place.

• #6

Latosha Rebuck (Wednesday, 08 February 2017 23:30)

I simply couldn't depart your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual info a person supply in your guests? Is going to be back often to check up on new posts

• #7

Del Lever (Thursday, 09 February 2017 00:58)

Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!