Last Minute DIY Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Are you feeling a little bit sluggish and your skin is looking dull after all those Xmas celebrations? No worries, I know a last minute face mask that will bring back the glow to your complexion. Just in time for your new year's eve celebration. The best part is, you don't have to spend any money because all you need is already in your kitchen cupboards.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- baking soda
- a bowl
- a tablespoon
Why these ingredients? They work wonders on your skin.
Olive oil, as well as honey, have moisturizing properties to make your skin soft, smooth and hydrated. Olive oil also helps to repair your skin, promotes elasticity, and reduces blemishes. While honey fights off bacteria, tightens your skin pores, protects your skin from sun damage, and premature wrinkling.
The baking soda works as a gentle exfoliating agent removing dead skin cells. Furthermore, it reduces redness caused by breakouts and boosts circulation.
1. Put a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil, one-half teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of baking soda into your bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients well to form a thin paste. If you prefer it a little bit thicker, just add more baking soda. That's it your face mask is ready for application.
1. Wash your face before applying the mask. Leave your skin slightly damp for better adherence of the mask.
2. Spread the mask on your face and neck in small circular motions. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
3. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Tip: Afterwards, apply a face cream to lock in the moisture. To maintain the glowy complexion use this mask at least once a week.
This is it from my side for this year. I hope you all have a great 2017 and keep dropping by on my blog. Thank you so much for all your feedback and support throughout 2016. See you in 2017.